Race Packet Pick-Up
ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex
Location: Champion® Stadium Concourse
Friday, January 27, 2017 – 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Location: Epcot® Imagine Parking Lot
Saturday, January 28, 2017 – 5:00 a.m. – 6:30 a.m.
Pro Bowl 5K Run
Saturday, January 28, 2017 – 7:00 a.m.
Race Registration & Event Details
- 5K course through Epcot®
- Participants receive Pro Bowl 5K Run finisher medal and race bib
- On-course Hydration Station
- $49 (includes tax)
- The entry fee for the Pro Bowl 5K Run is non-refundable.
- Disney reserves the right to refuse the entry into, and/or revoke any registration for, any race for any reason in its sole discretion with refund of any applicable registration fees being the sole remedy of any such refusal and/or revocation.
- Race entries/bibs are not transferrable from one person/participant to another person/participant. Sale, trade and/or transfer of race entry/bib number is strictly prohibited and may result in the disqualification of and/or banning offenders from participating at future events. Anyone caught attempting to sell or transfer their race entry/bib to another person/participant, pick up another person's/participant's race entry/bib, or participate in a race using another participant's race entry/bib, will have said race entry/bib cancelled and/or revoked, be disqualified, and be removed from the race without refund.
*Dates, times and prices subject to change, and the race is subject to a capacity limit and may close at any time.
- Any children under the race age requirement will not be permitted in corrals, on course, or in runner only areas. Unregistered individuals will be denied entry into race corrals. Only registered athletes are permitted in runner only areas.
- You must be 5 years of age on race day to participate in the Pro Bowl 5K Run. Each participant must be able to complete the 5K on their own.
- Runners unable to maintain the pace may be picked up at any point along the course and transported to the finish.
- A training pace of 15-minutes per mile is recommended.
- Review race instructions and details prior to the event
Final Race Instructions
- Download and complete your personalized race waiver online.
- Parents or legal guardians must download and complete the personalized race waiver for minors and pick up their packet.
- Visit the Packet Pick-Up locations to pick up your race packet.
- You must have a valid ID in order to pick up your packet (driver's license, passport, Military ID, Government issued ID.)
- If you do not have a valid photo ID we cannot issue you your race bib. No exceptions will be made.
- A 16-minute per mile pace is required for all athletes in the Pro Bowl 5K Run.
- Runners unable to maintain the pace may be picked up at any point along the course and transported to the finish line.
- A training pace of 15-minutes per mile is recommended.
- All runners, Guests, costumes, and bags are subject to screening prior to entering the event staging areas.
- Weapons of any kind, or objects that appear to be actual weapons, including toy guns, are not allowed for any participants.
- See Costume guidelines for examples of acceptable toy accessories.
- For everyone's safety, selfie sticks, baby joggers, strollers, baby carriers, baby backpacks, skates, scooters, bicycles, skateboards, canes, crutches, walkers, walking sticks, and animals of any kind are prohibited from the course. Violators will be removed from the course and transported to the finish line area.
- Headphones are discouraged due to audio messages that are placed throughout the course to ensure runner safety.
- Any children under the race age requirement will not be permitted in corrals, on course, or in runner-only areas. Unregistered individuals will be denied entry into race corrals. Only registered athletes are permitted in runner only areas.
The guidelines for flags at the race area as follows:
For the safety of all of the spectators and runners, the following items will be prohibited from the start/finish staging areas and the race courses.
- Flags of any kind that are larger than 3' x 5' regardless of how flag is intended to be carried.
- Flag poles cannot be longer than 4 feet or have a diameter of more than 4 inches.
- Pole can be made of wood, plastic, and/or PVC. Poles made of metal are not allowed.
- Only poles with rounded or flat ends are allowed.
- No decorative or sharp ends will be allowed.
- Flag harnesses will be permitted if the participant bib is not covered and the harness does not pose a safety hazard.
Please review the appropriate park rules for further details:
Disney reserves the right to deny admission to or remove any person wearing attire that is considered inappropriate or attire that could detract from the experience of other Guests. All participants and their Guests may dress as their favorite character, but must follow these guidelines as determined solely by Disney.
- Costumes must be family-friendly and may not be obstructive, offensive, objectionable or violent.
- Guests who dress like Characters may not pose for pictures or sign autographs for other Guests.
- Costumes may not contain any weapons that resemble or could easily be mistaken for an actual weapon.
- Costumes may not contain sharp objects, pointed objects or materials that may accidentally strike another Guest.
- For participants ages 13 and under:
- Costumes and some masks may be worn, as long the mask does not cover the entire face and eyes are visible.
- For participants ages 14 and older:
- Layered costumes, that could conceal prohibited items, are not permitted (e.g. Jedi robes).
- Costume props, including those that surround the entire body (e.g. Death Star, UP House) are not permitted.
- Costumes may not reach or drag on the ground. (e.g. full-length Princess dresses)
- Capes may be worn if the length does not go below the waist.
- Themed T-shirts, blouses, sweatshirts, and hats are acceptable.
- Acceptable accessories include: transparent wings, plastic light sabers, toy swords, and tutus. Headwear may be worn as long as it does not cover the face.
- Guests may not wear masks of any kind.
Please note that while costumed attire may be worn during the race, guests 14 and older are not permitted to wear costumed attire in the theme parks. As a result, guests may need to change their attire prior to visiting the parks after participating in the race.
Guests who do not adhere to these guidelines may be refused entry into, and/or removed from, a race or any race related event/activity unless his or her costume can be modified to meet the above standards.
Please consider not bringing unnecessary bags with you on race day. All items will be inspected. Items, costumes, and props in violation of safety requirements will be denied entry.
The race will be held rain or shine. If there is lightning in the area, the race will either have a delayed start or, depending on the intensity of the weather, be cancelled. The determination will be made by the Event Management staff.
Walt Disney World® Resort Lightning Policy
Event operations will shut down when lightning is 10 miles out from the event areas. Event operations will not resume until the lightning is 10 miles out moving away from the event areas. The Sports Manager will determine this using the *Flash to Bang Rule* and weather radar. The Sports Manager will consult with Walt Disney World® Resort Management on a course of action to utilize the operational rain plan, delay the event, or cancel the event.
*Flash to Bang Rule* is applied by measuring the time (in seconds) between a visual lightning "Flash" and hearing the resulting "Bang". This time is then divided by a factor of "5" to obtain distance in miles. For example, 50 seconds between "Flash" and "Bang" divided by "5" equals 10 miles.
- All guests will need to provide their own transportation to Packet Pick-Up and the 5K.
Directions to ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex (Packet Pick-Up)
- Take I-4 to exit 65 (Osceola Parkway West). Take a left onto Victory Way and park in the main lot. Proceed on foot to the main entrance.
Directions to Epcot® (5K)
- Take I-4 to exit 67 (Epcot Center Drive) and follow the signs to Epcot®.
The Pro Bowl 5K Run benefits Make-A-Wish Central and Northern Florida, an organization dedicated to granting the wishes of children with life-threatening medical conditions. With the support of volunteers, the Pro Bowl 5K Run will give hope, strength, and joy to a sick child by granting his or her most heartfelt wish.
About Make-A-Wish Central and Northern Florida
Since 1980, Make-A-Wish® has enriched the lives of children with life-threatening medical conditions through its wish-granting work. Make-A-Wish's mission reflects the life-changing impact it has on children, families and communities. Make-A-Wish Central and Northern Florida has granted over 5,500 wishes since it opened its doors in 1994. The chapter serves 54 counties including the Central, Northern, Space Coast and Suncoast Regions of Florida. All money raised stays in our communities to grant the wishes of local children.
A wish experience can be a game-changer for a child with a life-threatening medical condition. This one belief guides us in everything we do at Make-A-Wish®. It inspires us to grant wishes that change the lives of the kids we serve. It compels us to be creative in exceeding the expectations of every wish kid. It drives us to make our donated resources go as far as possible. Most of all, it's the founding principle of our vision to grant the wish of every eligible child.
Wishes are more than just a nice thing. And they are far more than gifts, or singular events in time. Wishes impact everyone involved - wish kids, volunteers, donors, sponsors, medical professionals and communities. The impact varies. For wish kids, just the act of making their wish come true can give them the courage to comply with their medical treatments. Parents might finally feel like they can be optimistic. And still others might realize all they have to offer the world through volunteer work or philanthropy.
Whatever the odds, whatever the obstacles ... wishes find a way to make the world better.
We grant the wishes of children with life-threatening medical conditions to enrich the human experience with hope, strength and joy. "
To learn more, visit www.cnfl.wish.org
Custom Team Merchandise
You must be registered for an event during this weekend to see participant content.
To see the content under the participants tab you must be signed in. Would you like to sign in with your Disney Account or create an account now?
To favorite this page you must be signed in. Would you like to sign in with your Disney Account or create an account now?