I spent countless hours playing sports as a kid. Sure, the games always stand out in my memory. But it was long hours of practice - on the field and in the gym - that really helped me grow athletically, academically and personally.
Every athlete wants that moment, the opportunity to play on the biggest stage. From an early age in sports, you imagine playing for a championship, competing with everything on the line. And for the football, cheer and dance squads that comprise Pop Warner Little Scholars, we know that all of you have one goal in mind: To make it to the Pop Warner Super Bowl and National Cheer & Dance Championships at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex.
So this year, we're recognizing those long hours of practice and those extra drills on the field. To celebrate the season, we want to see how you prepare for the "Road to Walt Disney World Resort."
- Have a parent or coach upload a photo to Instagram with the hashtag #RoadtoDisney that exemplifies the enthusiasm, excitement and exhilaration of what coming here would mean to your team.
- Be creative; be sentimental; be funny; be unique; just be you!
- Be sure that your Instagram account is public so we can find you!
- Include your team/squad name and Pop Warner division and state in your caption.
- Upload your photo between September 29 and October 19, 2015.
- Limit one entry per team/squad.
The prize? One football team and one cheer/dance squad will receive a $1,000 grant to their program!
For more information and official rules, click here!
Congratulations on the first chapter of your new season. We hope to see you on the biggest stage.
David Giardino is a Marketing Manager for ESPN Wide World of Sports and Disney Youth Programs.