Race Packet Pick-Up
ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex
Location: Champion® Stadium Concourse
Friday, October 5, 2018 – 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Disney Cross Country 5K Fun Run
ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex
Friday, October 5, 2018 – 7:30 p.m.
Race Registration & Event Details
Race Registration & Event Details
Registration is now open!
Ready for a new kind of 5K? Race under the lights at the Disney Cross Country 5K Fun Run at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex! All participants in this fun and energetic race will receive finisher medals to celebrate their achievement.
Please note: This is a multi-terrain course that will take runners throughout the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex. Athletes using wheelchairs or with mobility disabilities may find this course very difficult to undertake.
- $40 (includes tax)
Disney Cross Country 5K Fun Run Participants Receive:
- Finisher Medal
- Race bib
- The entry fee for the 5K Run Run is non-refundable.
- Disney reserves the right to refuse the entry into, and/or revoke any registration for, any race for any reason in its sole discretion with refund of any applicable registration fees being the sole remedy of any such refusal and/or revocation.
- Race entries/bibs are not transferrable. Sale, trade and/or transfer of race entry/bib number is strictly prohibited and may result in the disqualification of and/or banning offenders from participating at future events. Anyone caught attempting to sell or transfer their race entry/bib to another person, intentionally picking up another person's race entry/bib, or participate in a race using another participant's race entry/bib, will have said race entry/bib cancelled and/or revoked, be disqualified, and be removed from the race without refund.
*Dates, times and prices subject to change, and the race is subject to a capacity limit and may close at any time.
- Click below to download Disney Cross Country Classic waivers:
- Write “Fun Run” in the Team Name field on the waiver
- You must have your signed waiver and a Photo ID with you to pick up your race packet.
- A parent or legal guardian must complete and sign the waiver for any participant under 18 years old. No exceptions will be made.
- All runners, Guests, costumes, and bags are subject to screening prior to entering the event staging areas.
- Weapons of any kind, or objects that appear to be actual weapons, including toy guns, are not allowed at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex.
- See Costume guidelines for examples of acceptable toy accessories.
- For everyone's safety, selfie sticks, baby joggers, strollers, baby carriers, baby backpacks, skates, scooters, bicycles, skateboards, canes, crutches, walkers, walking sticks, and animals of any kind are prohibited from the course. Violators will be removed from the course and transported to the finish line area.
- Headphones are discouraged due to audio messages that are placed throughout the course to ensure runner safety.
- Any children under the race age requirement will not be permitted in corrals, on course, or in runner-only areas. Unregistered individuals will be denied entry into the starting line. Only registered athletes are permitted in runner only areas.
- The guidelines for flags at the race area as follows:
- Disney reserves the right to deny admission to or remove any person displaying a flag that we consider inappropriate or a flag that could detract from the experience of other Guests.
- For the safety of all of the spectators and runners, the following items will be prohibited from the start/finish staging areas and the race courses.
- Flags of any kind that are larger than 3' x 5' regardless of how flag is intended to be carried.
- Flag poles cannot be longer than 4 feet or have a diameter of more than 4 inches.
- Pole can be made of wood, plastic, and/or PVC. Poles made of metal are not allowed.
- Only poles with rounded or flat ends are allowed.
- No decorative or sharp ends will be allowed.
- Flag harnesses will be permitted if the participant bib is not covered and the harness does not pose a safety hazard.
- Please review the appropriate park rules for further details:
- Walt Disney World® Resort Park Rules
While costumes will be allowed for this event, please keep in mind that this is a multi-terrain course that will take runners throughout the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex. Course conditions can be greatly affected by weather prior to and during the event.
Disney reserves the right to deny admission to or remove any person wearing attire that we consider inappropriate or attire that could detract from the experience of other Guests. All participants and their Guests may dress as their favorite Disney character, but must follow these guidelines as determined solely by Disney.
- Costumes must be family-friendly and may not be obstructive, offensive, objectionable or violent.
- Guests who dress like Characters may not pose for pictures or sign autographs for other Guests.
- Costumes may not contain any weapons that resemble or could easily be mistaken for an actual weapon.
- Costumes may not contain sharp objects, pointed objects or materials that may accidentally strike another Guest.
- For participants ages 13 and under:
- Costumes and some masks may be worn, as long the mask does not cover the entire face and eyes are visible.
- For participants ages 14 and older:
- Layered costumes, that could conceal prohibited items, are not permitted (e.g. Jedi robes).
- Costume props, including those that surround the entire body (e.g. Death Star, UP House) are not permitted.
- Costumes may not reach or drag on the ground. (e.g. full-length Princess dresses)
- Capes may be worn if the length does not go below the waist.
- Themed T-shirts, blouses, sweatshirts, and hats are acceptable.
- Acceptable accessories include: transparent wings, plastic light sabers, toy swords, and tutus. Headwear may be worn as long as it does not cover the face.
- Guests may not wear masks of any kind.
- Please note that while costumed attire may be worn during the race, guests 14 and older are not permitted to wear costumed attire in the theme parks. As a result, guests may need to change their attire prior to visiting the parks after participating in the race.
- Guests who do not adhere to these guidelines may be refused entry into, and/or removed from, a race or any race related event/activity unless his or her costume can be modified to meet the above standards.
- Please do not bring unnecessary bags with you on race day. All items will be inspected. Items, costumes, and props in violation of safety requirements will be denied entry.
This is a multi-terrain course that will take runners throughout the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex. Course conditions can be greatly impacted by weather. If there is lightning in the area the race will either have a delayed start or, depending on the intensity of the weather, be cancelled. The determination will be made by the Event Management staff. As a reminder, the registration fees are non-refundable and non-transferable.
Walt Disney World® Resort Lightning Policy
- Event operations will shut down when lightning is 10 miles out from the event areas. Event operations will not resume until the lightning is 10 miles out moving away from the event areas. The Sports Manager will determine this using the *Flash to Bang Rule* and weather radar. The Sports Manager will consult with Walt Disney World® Resort Management on a course of action to utilize the operational rain plan, delay the event, or cancel the event.
*Flash to Bang Rule* is applied by measuring the time (in seconds) between a visual lightning "Flash" and hearing the resulting "Bang". This time is then divided by a factor of "5" to obtain distance in miles. For example, 50 seconds between "Flash" and "Bang" divided by "5" equals 10 miles.
You must pick up your own participant packet (which includes your event-issued bib number) during regularly scheduled hours. Individuals are not able to pick up participant packets on behalf of others.
- Review race instructions and details prior to the event
- Final Race Instructions
- Download and complete your race waiver online.
- Adult Waiver
- Minor Waiver
- Parents or legal guardians must download and complete the race waiver for minors and pick up their packet.
- Visit the Packet Pick-Up location to pick up your race packet.
- You must have a valid ID in order to pick up your packet or picking up minor’s packet (driver's license, passport, Military ID, Government issued ID.)
- If you do not have a valid photo ID we cannot issue you your race bib. No exceptions will be made.
- Everyone 5 and older can participate in the Fun Run.
- This is a multi-terrain course that will take runners throughout the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex. Athletes using wheelchairs or with mobility disabilities may find this course very difficult to undertake.
- All guests will need to provide their own transportation to Packet Pick-Up and the Fun Run.
EVENT AT A GLANCE
October 5 – 6, 2018
Regular Registration Deadline:
September 14, 2018
Final Registration Deadline:
September 30, 2018
Upper Elementary grades 3-5
M.S. grades 5-8.
H.S. grades 9-12.
College - representing an NCAA, NAIA, Junior College, or NCCAA Member Institution.
5K Fun Run - ages 5 and up
*Refer to Athlete Eligibility tab for additional eligibility guidelines.
Regular Registration (apply April-September 14, 2018)
$200 – H.S., College, or Open
$125 – M.S. or Upper Elementary
$5- Additional Runner
Final Registration (apply September 15-30, 2018)
$250 – H.S., College, or Open
$150 – M.S. or Upper Elementary
$5- Additional Runner
$40- Cross Country 5K Fun Run
You must be registered for an event during this weekend to see participant content.
To see the content under the participants tab you must be signed in. Would you like to sign in with your Disney Account or create an account now?
To favorite this page you must be signed in. Would you like to sign in with your Disney Account or create an account now?